This legislative session, thousands of public school employees and supporters converged on the Capitol and demanded full participation in our policy making process and won a historic victory!
Now that the legislative session is over, you probably have questions about how to continue to participate in creating positive change, or how the policies passed this session might impact you. Maybe you want to learn new skills that will help you build on this momentum to move West Virginia and your community forward.
If this sounds like you, join us for a Now What? People Power and Policy workshop near you.
WV CAG is joining with our partners at the WV Community Development Hub, the Our Children, Our Future campaign, American Friends Service Committee, the WV Center on Budget and Policy, and Inspire WV to host a series of workshops and updates on:
- Next Steps for Public School Employees and PEIA
- Health Care, SNAP Benefits and Safety Nets
- State Budget: How It Impacts You
- Turning Your Idea into a Policy Solution
- And More!
Now What? is coming to the following locations (from 10 am to 1 pm):
- Saturday, May 5 – Ohio County Library in Wheeling, WV (register here)
- Saturday, May 19 – First United Methodist Church in Parkersburg, WV (register here)
- Saturday, June 2 – Chief Logan State Park, Logan, WV (register here)
- Saturday, June 9 – Blue Ridge Community & Technical College, Martinsburg, WV (register here)
- Wednesday, June 20 – the Raleigh Playhouse & Theater, Beckley, WV (register here)
Now is the time to keep yourself informed and help push for change in your community. We hope to see you at one of the workshops!