- Love This
- Yahoo Mail
- Facebook Messenger
- Copy Link
Don’t forget we want you to vote TWICE! Yes, you read that right; we want you to vote twice.
First, vote for the issues you care about on the Our Children, Our Future Policy Platform Ballot; the deadline is tomorrow! The ballot has 34 policy proposals and is split into 3 pillars – Great Education & Jobs, Healthy Communities, and Strengthening Democracy. In each pillar, you can vote for up to 6 policy proposals.
With 34 policy proposals and only 18 votes, we know how hard it is to choose, so here are some of our recommendations:
- 1) Fair Workplace – Legislation that repeals Right to Work, restores Prevailing Wage, enforces paid leave, and ensures equal pay for equal work
- 13) Cannabis for Medical Use – Legalizing the consumption and possession of marijuana for legitimate medical uses
- 15) Increasing Safeguards to our Water Supply – Efforts to improve water quality and restore public ownership of water resources
- 23) Encouraging Work in West Virginia – Encouraging Work and EITC: Create a state-level Earned Income Tax Credit would lift families out of poverty and incentivize work
- 28) Low Income Weatherization – Examining the feasibility and possible funding for a weatherization program for low-income families
- 33) West Virginia Votes – Reform to the WV elections system which would include: automatic registration, vote by mail, and repeal of the recently-passed Voter ID law
- 34) WV Anti-Corruption Act – Improving our election system by promoting transparency in campaign contributions, stronger ethics laws, and non-partisan redistricting
To dig deeper into the issues, click here.
After you vote for the issues, vote for your elected officials tomorrow, May 10th in West Virginia’s primary election! Polls will be open from 6:30 am to 7:30 pm. To find your polling location, click here.
Nervous about who or what will be on your ballot? Want to do some research before tomorrow? Click here to find a sample of your ballot.
If you have any other questions or concerns regarding the election, visit the Secretary of State’s elections page here.
Now, go out there and rock the vote…twice!