- Love This
- Yahoo Mail
- Facebook Messenger
- Copy Link
WV Citizen Action is hiring. We are looking to fill two staff positions: a Development Director and a VISTA intern for Energy Efficient West Virginia. See below for individual postings:
WV-CAG and its sister organization, WV Citizen Action Education Fund, are seeking a Development Director
Position Overview: The Development Director is responsible for planning, managing, and executing the organization’s fundraising programs, leading the progression and expansion of WV Citizen Action’s fundraising strategies, and coordinating grant applications. The Development Director collaborates with the Executive Director, Staff, and the Board of Directors to reach our annual and long-range development (fundraising) goals.
- Membership and Donor Programs – The Development Director will research, identify, cultivate, and solicit potential members and donors; coordinate major donor solicitations, with the Executive Director; prepare development materials including a development plan; and maintain confidential records on current donors.
- Other Funding Sources – The Development Director will develop and coordinate other funding sources, including strategic grant research, scheduling, writing, preparation, and reporting.
- Event Planning and Coordination – The Development Director will implement creative ideas and oversee fundraising events throughout the year such as the annual Spring fundraiser, in coordination with the Administrative Coordinator.
- Planned Giving – S/he will devise and implement strategies for marketing planned giving opportunities to WV Citizen Action donors and members.
- Materials – The Development Director will work to develop messages, materials, and explanations of our work that are used in all of the development campaigns.
Qualifications: High energy individual with strong interpersonal skills and comfort working with donors, Board members, volunteers and staff. Willingness to ask for large contributions. Demonstrated interest in, enthusiasm for, and commitment to the mission and principles of WV Citizen Action. Excellent organization, administrative skills and ability to follow through on assignments with a minimum of direct supervision. Computer proficiency including working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Ability to travel throughout the state and to manage and accommodate a work schedule that will include evening and weekend commitments. Experience in successfully raising funds, writing grants and directing volunteers. The perfect candidate can demonstrate leadership skills, ability to motivate others, and ability to write clearly and effectively. Work experience that demonstrates strong interpersonal skills, such as prior development or sales experience is a plus. We envision this position to be a full-time position, but will consider qualified applicants able to work part-time only.
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience and schedule. Benefits include health care plan, life insurance and PTO. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
To Apply: Please email a cover letter, resume, three professional references and writing sample to Gary Zuckett, Executive Director at garyz at wvcag.org or to 1500 Dixie Street, Charleston, WV 25302. No phone calls, please.
Energy Efficient WV is seeking an AmeriCorps VISTA worker
Position Overview: Under the direct supervision of the director, this position will play a critical role in helping working class West Virginians take control of their utility bills in the face of rising electric rates. The position will also play a crucial role in providing demand for green jobs in Charleston, West Virginia, where there is a lot of room for efficiency improvements to the buildings. A successful applicant will be able to show passion for energy, poverty issues, and/or community organizing.
Primary Responsibilities: Administrative/secretarial duties – The VISTA worker will conduct outreach and make connections for people providing energy efficiency services:
- Connect to Community Organizations– this position will be in charge of building and maintaining relationships with local organizations, in coordination with the director. This may involve attending and, in some cases, speaking at community meetings, as well as convening meetings.
- Educate the public about energy efficiency –The VISTA worker will identify experts in the community about conducting energy efficiency, and organize community meetings designed to demystify taking control of energy bills and reducing costs.
- Identify grant opportunities and assist with grant-writing – In collaboration with the director, the VISTA will find grant opportunities and help write grant proposals. The VISTA will receive training and feedback about how to write grants.
Qualifications: High energy individual with strong interpersonal skills and comfort working with the public. Good written and oral communication skills are important. Must be able to prioritize and manage time effectively. Experience with Microsoft Office and social media is required.
Compensation: This is a VISTA position, so compensation is set by AmeriCorps. VISTAs are full-time, 35-hour/week, federal positions that receive a $449 stipend every two weeks plus some help with student loans.
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, with VISTA in the subject heading. In the email, please clearly states your reason for wanting the position, your desired start date, the particular skills and experiences you want to bring to the organization, and what you are most interested in working on, and why.