It’s the FIFTH full week of the 2022 Legislative Session! Stay up-to-date on what’s happening under the dome by watching for our weekly Capital Eye e-blast and following us on Facebook and Twitter. Encourage your friends to stay-up-to-date, too, by signing up for our emails (you can also use this form to update your email interests).
Click on the articles below to see what’s been happening.
If you find this newsletter informative and valuable, please join us by becoming a supporting member of Citizen Action!
PS: Thank You for Your Support!
We work extra hard during the session to make sure our supporters have the information and contacts they need to make WV a better place for everyone. This means longer hours and more expenses for staff and materials. In addition to your policy support, your financial support is also essential. Since this Capital Eye Update goes out to everyone, we’re hoping that everyone will pitch in with a membership contribution. Thanks in advance for your support!
- *URGENT ACTION NEEDED* – TODAY!: Tell your Delegate to Vote NO to HB2257! Don’t add an additional 10 years of provisions for people with drug offenses after they complete their sentence, including any period of parole.
- Stop Classroom Censorship in WV – Write, call, or email members of the House Judiciary Committee and tell them to oppose HB 4011!
- Ensure WVDEP has Adequate Oil & Gas Inspectors to Protect Our Waters!
- Support SB 488 – Tell legislators it’s time to end voter disenfranchisement.
- Contact House Finance Committee Members to tell them No to the “Blame the Unemployed” bills SB 2 and 3!
- Protect WV Workers & Their Families from Reckless Corporate Immunity When Workers Are Killed or Injured – stop SB 252/HB 4394!
- Contact the WV Senate Members and tell them to Stop HB 4007, to stop attempting to shift a higher percentage of the tax burden onto lower-earning West Virginians with cuts in the personal income tax – our wealthiest West Virginians don’t need it!
- Help Create a Medicaid Buy-In for Working West Virginians
- Urge legislators to repeal restrictions on abortion!
– Feb 16th: Virtual E-DAY from 6-7:30PM, hosted by WV Environmental Council
– Feb 18th: Friday Action Hour for Voting Rights and Democracy, from 11am to noon
– Feb 22nd: Smart Justice Advocacy Day
– Feb 24th: Mid-Session Legislative Update at 7PM, hosted by WV Rivers Coalition