It’s the EIGHTH full week of the 2022 Legislative Session! Stay up-to-date on what’s happening under the dome by watching for our weekly Capital Eye e-blast and following us on Facebook and Twitter. Encourage your friends to stay-up-to-date, too, by signing up for our emails (you can also use this form to update your email interests).
Click on the articles below to see what’s been happening.
If you find this newsletter informative and valuable, please join us by becoming a supporting member of Citizen Action!
Your Contributions Important to ‘Life After Session’
This time of year we start joking about what life will be like after the craziness of the legislative session. This being an election year we’ll be transitioning to voter education, engagement, and all manner of support for getting better legislators behind the desks at the State Capitol. Your continued support and volunteering will be essential to getting this critical work done! Please take a minute to renew or become a supporting member of WV CAG! A big THANKS to all of YOU who have already done so!
*** TAKE ACTION ***
- Contact your WV Senators and urge them to OPPOSE These Bills: HB 4293 – HB 4311 – HB 4419 – HB 4785. Tell them we need to restore balance to our democracy, attract qualified people who want to go into public service, and make sure every vote is counted and everyone’s voice is heard.
- Stop HB 4007 – Tell our WV legislators: No more tax cuts for the 1%, invest in us! HB 4007 would shift a higher percentage of the tax burden onto lower-earning West Virginians with cuts in the personal income tax – our wealthiest West Virginians don’t need it.
- CALL TODAY! Tell our WV Senators to Support The Diabetes Bill – HB 4252.
- Tell your Legislators to Preserve Our State Parks and Forests!
- Ensure WVDEP has Adequate Oil & Gas Inspectors to Protect Our Waters!
- March 9th at 7PM – Harm Reduction Works: Compassion In Action WEBINAR! In our overdose crisis, saving lives is all that matters.