Our healthcare team hit DC a couple weeks ago and met with congressional policy advisors to discuss a number of healthcare issues important to West Virginians.
- A national insulin copay cap bill,
- the Reentry Act (healthcare coverage when reentering society from prison),
- Medicare Advantage reforms and protections from fraud,
- Stopping predatory private insurance practices such as rightful claim delays and denials,
Protecting & increasing Medicaid funding,
- Reforms to Pharmacy Benefit Managers (especially to protect small pharmacies), and
- A Bipartisan bill to create a task force for childhood trauma.
We would like to thank Senior Policy Advisors Audrey Smith at Senator Manchin’s offices, Dana Richter at Senator Capito’s offices, and Emily Henn at Representative Miller’s offices for meeting with us and listening to West Virginians’ concerns.
If these healthcare issues or others are important to you or your loved ones, please consider becoming a volunteer with Healthcare For All WV!
Best of health to you and your loved ones,
Health Care for All WV
Health care is vitally important to all of us, our loved ones, and our communities.
Join us as we work to move state and federal policies to improve health care access, affordability and equity for all in West Virginia.