On August 26, WV-CAG held our Annual Awards Picnic at the Riverside Pavilion at Coonskin Park. In light of the current times, the change to an outdoor venue proved to be a perfect location to gather with friends and members while celebrating the accomplishments of our awardees and all of CAG’s hard work over the past year.
Fun was had by all with food provided by Phat Daddy’s on the Tracks and musical entertainment by Hill, Solomon, Carter, & Collyard.
Awardees this year included:
- WV State Senator Rev. Stephen Baldwin (Don Marsh & Paul Nyden Public Service Award),
- Katonya Hart (Thomas A. Knight Excalibur Award), and
- Selina Vickers (Si Galperin in Defence of Democracy Award).
We want to give a special shout out to all of our sponsors (without whom none of this would have been possible):
- WV Association for Justice,
- West Virginians for Affordable Healthcare,
- WV Center on Budget and Policy,
- ACLU of WV,
- DL Hamilton,
- Bruce Perrone,
- Rita Ray & Paul Epstein,
- WV Free,
- National Association of Social Workers-WV,
- Delegate Larry Rowe, and
- David Stuart.
More Capital Eye V14/N12 Articles: