We hope you are safe and unharmed by the recent flooding in West Virginia. If you were affected by the flooding, call 1-800-451-1954 to request free flood cleanup assistance from voluntary agencies.
The response has been overwhelming all across the state. Thousands are donating money, supplies, and time to help our fellow mountaineers affected by the flooding. If you’re looking for ways to plug-in to relief efforts, here are a few resources:
- Want to volunteer*? Sign-up here.
- Looking to donate supplies? Check out this list of donation drop-offs across the stateor purchase items on this Amazon wishlist to be sent to areas and people in need.
- Looking to donate money? Donate to the WV VOAD or United Way of Southern West Virginia online/by texting Goal17 to 71777.
- Want to help our furry friends affected by the flood? Adopt/foster a pet from or donate pet supplies to the Kanahwa-Charleston Humane Association, Nicholas County Humane Society, or Greenbrier Humane Society.
- Stay tuned to social media and your local media outlets for fundraisers and other ways to help in your community. Join the WV Citizen Action Facebook Group, where you and all of our supporters can post these events, donation centers, volunteer opportunities, etc. Let’s stay connected and maximize our help to affected communities!
*Note: We do not recommend self-deploying; it can be more dangerous and burdensome on officials than helpful to the people affected.
Our thoughts are with you all. Thank you for all you’re doing in this time of need! We are proud to be a part of this beautiful, amazing community and state.