It’s May, all the flowers are blooming like crazy, and there is a lot going on in Charleston and in DC, so here’s the 11th edition of our Capital Eye newsletter to break it all down.
In this edition:
- Election Blues
- Bans Off Our Bodies: Protect Abortion Access in WV
- WV New Jobs Coalition Has Big Plans for 2022
- Health Care and the People’s Action Summit
- More About the Visioning Project
- Let’s Work Together to Move Democracy Forward in WV
- Share Your Voice and Fight for Affordable Health Care
- Billionaire Taxation – Tele-Town Hall, May 26th at 6:30PM
- Benefit for Ukraine – Wed. 6/1 at 7PM
- Save the Date! 2022 Awards Picnic to be held on Sept. 15th, 5-7PM
- Caring for Creation Together – A WV Interfaith Climate Conference – June 4th, 10AM-3PM
- We’re Counting on You, Joe! Black Lung Press Conference and Campaign Launch held May 12th
Stay connected, and encourage your friends to stay connected, too, by signing up for our emails (you can also use this form to update your email interests). Bookmark our events page to keep track of upcoming events. And don’t forget, you can always stay connected by following us on Facebook and Twitter!
If you find this newsletter informative and valuable, please join us by becoming a supporting member of Citizen Action!
– If you experienced a problem voting in the primary, we want to hear about it! We’re working with partners and allies to gather information about issues and challenges experienced in West Virginia’s 2022 primary election and to pressure state and local election officials to take action on these issues before the general election. Please fill out our 2022 Primary Election Issues and Action Survey to share your story or contact email@example.com about your voting experience.
– If you would like to volunteer with Health Care for All WV, or help with the Make Meds Affordable campaign, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Tell Our Senators to Extend the Black Lung Excise Tax – go to blacklungkills.org and fill out the form.
– Contact your legislators, and let them know that, although we have made great progress towards a Medicaid Buy-in, and copay caps on diabetic supplies, we need their support in 2023 to get them both over the finish line.
– Take Action here (https://protectmedicare.net/take-action/), and contact your Congress members. Tell them they should demand answers, and an end to the REACH program or any Medicare privatization, from the Biden administration.