- Love This
- Yahoo Mail
- Facebook Messenger
- Copy Link
This Women’s History Month, join ReImagine Appalachia and BlueGreen Alliance on Saturday, March 25th at 10 a.m. as we hear from women who are doing trade work – from building skyscrapers to the halls of the White House – learn about successful strategies that can expand opportunities, increase diversity, and encourage more women to find success in these family-sustaining jobs.
Women have been contributing their skills to build America since before WWII – and yet women still represent less than 5% of the construction trade and other skilled workers across most of the US. We have a historic opportunity to bring more women into the trades with new federal investments coming into our region.
Panelists at this virtual roundtable will discuss where we’ve been, where we are and where we need to go.
The event is from 10 a.m.- 11 a.m., but we will have an additional 30 minutes until 11:30 a.m. for an optional Q&A from the audience.
- Gina Cooper – International Vice President, IBEW Fourth District
- Doreen Cannon – Plumbers Local 55, ASSE International Board Member, CBCTC Tradeswomen Committee Chair
- Joanne Manganello – Director of Pennsylvania Government Relations, LIUNA Mid-Atlantic Regional Organizing Coalition
- Angela Swan – 1st year apprentice with Bricklayers Local 4, Kentucky
- Linda Hamilton – IUOE Local 132, West Virginia
- Tanji Gilliam – Coordinator, North America’s Building Trades Unions (NABTU)
- Nicole Schwartz – Executive Director TradesFutures