WVEC’s lobby team is in place and ready to work at the State Capitol to protect the water we drink and the air we breathe. But, we can’t do it without your help. Please join us at E-Day to speak out for the environment with other citizen lobbyists.
This year WVEC’s legislative priorities include:
- Protecting our water by working for updates to the Clean Water Act’s civil and administrative penalties to conform with federal guidelines. These have not been updated or adjusted to inflation since 2001.
- Making sure the Safe Drinking Water bill sets a maximum chemical contaminant level.
- Fighting to take the money out of our elections and promoting anti-corruption legislation.
- Promoting an Environmental Rights Amendment resolution.
- Supporting the Modern Jobs Act and Power Purchase Agreements.