The full page ad below ran in the Sunday edition of the Charleston Gazette-Mail newspaper.
Call your legislators today! Tell them West Virginians WANT reproductive freedom and bodily autonomy, not forced birth after rape and incest, and not imprisonment of our medical professionals and doctors.
Remember, our state legislators work for us. Here are a few tips to keep in mind when contacting your elected officials:
- Make sure to identify yourself as a constituent. Many legislators are inclined to ignore communications from people who live outside of their district.
- If calling, be sure to call until someone answers. Only leave a voicemail as a last resort.
- Share a personal story about why you fight for abortion justice if you have one.
You can contact your legislators in a couple of ways:
- Call your legislator. Calling is the most effective method of contacting legislators. Not sure who represents you or how to contact them? Click here to look up your state legislators.
- Send an email urging Gov. Justice and your legislators to support abortion access for all West Virginians. Click here to send an email.
Fight Back By Contacting Your Legislators TODAY!
When you are done contacting your elected officials, reach out to your friends and family and make sure they do the same. There is strength in numbers, so the more people who reach out, the better.