Did you know you can request a WV mail-in ballot ONLINE?
Go to www.govotewv.com and Click “Request a 2020 General Election Absentee Ballot”, then follow the instructions. (Please note that Internet Explorer is not supported.)
Voters will begin receiving their mail-in ballots on September 19.
If you are considering using a mail-in ballot, we highly recommend requesting your mail-in ballot as soon as possible, and as soon as you receive it, to complete and mail it in, to allow ample time for delivery and receipt of your ballot, so that your vote can be counted. The last day to request an absentee ballot is October 28.
The final day for voter registration is October 13. To register to vote online, or to re-register your new mailing address, go to https://ovr.sos.wv.gov/Register/Landing.
Other important dates:
- October 21: In-Person Early Voting Begins:
Early voting at the county courthouse, annex or designated community voting location during normal business hours and Saturday 9AM to 5PM.
- October 28: Last Day to Request an Absentee Ballot.
Absentee applications received after October 28, even if postmarked, cannot be accepted by law.
- October 31: Last Day of Early Voting
- November 3: Election Day
- November 4: Absentee ballots mailed, but without a postmark accepted.
- November 9: (Canvass) Absentee ballots, postmarked by Election Day, accepted if received by the start of Canvass.
Wishing you all a safe election season,
West Virginia Citizen Action