Senator Manchin is one of only two Democrats in the Senate who has not co-sponsored the Voting Rights Advancement Act (VRAA). We must take action and ask the Senator to support this important legislation now!
The Voting Rights Advancement Act (VRAA) would address the Supreme Court’s 2013 decision in Shelby County v. Holder with the following initiatives:
- Modernize the pre-clearance formula to cover states with a pattern of discrimination that puts voters at risk
- Ensure that last-minute voting changes won’t adversely affect voters
- Protect voters from the types of voting changes most likely to discriminate against people of color and language minorities
- Enhance the ability to apply pre-clearance review when needed
- Expands the Effective Federal Observer Program
- Improves voting rights protections for Native Americans and Alaska Natives
It’s time to #RestoreTheVRA! Add your name to the letter. WV CAG will hand deliver the letter and your signatures to Senator Manchin’s Charleston office.