- Love This
- Yahoo Mail
- Facebook Messenger
- Copy Link
Join us for a town hall at the Morgantown Church of the Brethren (464 Virginia Avenue) about the proposed Trump budget, which gives massive tax cuts to the wealthy by cutting the basics, like Medicare, Medicaid, and education. We’ll hear from policy experts and local organizations about how the budget would affect our community. Senator Shelley Moore Capito and Congressman David McKinley and the media have been invited. It’s critical that we show up to send a strong message to protect essential services for West Virginians.
What’s at Stake:
• $1 trillion cut from Medicaid over ten years (that’s 20% of Medicaid’s budget)
• Over $150 billion cut from food stamps, also known as SNAP (that’s 22% of SNAP’s budget)
• Nearly $500 billion cut from Medicare—and it’s turned into a voucher system
• $3.3 billion cut from Pell grants—and they’d be harder for students to use
• Billions in cuts to education, the environment, housing, and worker training
When & Where: Morgantown Church of the Brethren-Mennonite (464 Virginia Ave. Morgantown, WV 26505) on Saturday September 2nd, 2017 from 3:00PM-4:30PM.
RSVP on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/342029759586931/
Note – Parking is limited at the church, but the parking authority has promised not to ticket in the area during our event, so you may park on the street (Blue curb areas normally permit only, but will not be enforced.) You may also find parking one block away at the Wiles Hill Senior Center, 287 Eureka Drive, Morgantown, WV 26505, which will be closed.