- Love This
- Yahoo Mail
- Facebook Messenger
- Copy Link
It’s the SIXTH full week of the 2022 Legislative Session! Stay up-to-date on what’s happening under the dome by watching for our weekly Capital Eye e-blast and following us on Facebook and Twitter. Encourage your friends to stay-up-to-date, too, by signing up for our emails (you can also use this form to update your email interests).
Click on the articles below to see what’s been happening, and watch for the Legislative Forecast as a mid-week update later this week.
Bookmark our events page to keep track of upcoming events! Also, here are some additional actions you can take.
If you find this newsletter informative and valuable, please join us by becoming a supporting member of Citizen Action!
Your Contributions Important to ‘Life After Session’
This time of year we start joking about what life will be like after the craziness of the legislative session. This being an election year we’ll be transitioning to voter education, engagement, and all manner of support for getting better legislators behind the desks at the State Capitol. Your continued support and volunteering will be essential to getting this critical work done! Please take a minute to renew or become a supporting member of WV CAG! A big THANKS to all of YOU who have already done so!
- Stop HB 4007 – Tell our WV legislators: No more tax cuts for the 1%, invest in us! HB 4007would shift a higher percentage of the tax burden onto lower-earning West Virginians with cuts in the personal income tax – our wealthiest West Virginians don’t need it.
- Call your members of the House of Delegates and urge them to vote NO on HB 4785. West Virginians did not ask for their electoral power to be weakened and doing so now by jamming a bill through the legislature at the last minute can only erode public confidence in our state’s highest court.
- Calls to the Senate Needed to Support Diabetes Bill – Take Action on HB 4252.
- Help Create a Medicaid Buy-In for Working West Virginians
- Stop Classroom Censorship in WV – Write, call, or email members of the House Judiciary Committee and tell them to oppose HB 4011!
- Ensure WVDEP has Adequate Oil & Gas Inspectors to Protect Our Waters!
- Support SB 488 – Tell legislators it’s time to end voter disenfranchisement.
- Contact House Finance Committee Members to tell them No to the “Blame the Unemployed” bills SB 2 and 3!
- Protect WV Workers & Their Families from Reckless Corporate Immunity When Workers Are Killed or Injured – stop SB 252/HB 4394!
- Urge legislators to repeal restrictions on abortion!
– Feb 22nd: Smart Justice Advocacy Day
– Feb 24th: Mid-Session Legislative Update at 7PM, hosted by WV Rivers Coalition